JOIN ATS   |   Print Page   |   Sign In
Trauma Data & Registry Forum
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Trauma Triage MOI Criteria? 1 P. Chapman Hi. So here in Florida we call it Paramedic Judgment. Basically if EMS shows up on scene and the patient does not meet any of the indicators used for Trauma Criteria in your region but the MOI (mechanism of injury) is substantial they alert the patient based on their judgment. Hope this is helpful =o)
by S. Troncoso-Munoz
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Trauma Registry Meetings 3 K. Land I'm curious if you would use the same questions for Registrars that work remotely?What might you change and/or add?Regards,Rachelle R. Belcastro
by R. Belcastro
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Online Trauma Registry Course QUESTIONS 3 K. Land How do I access the course? I can access my invoice showing that I paid for it. I can also access and I downloaded all the lesson PDF's but what else am I supposed to do besides read the PDFS?
by B. Altus
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
OR Response Times 0 C. Wilson can anyone share how they collect operating room (anesthesia, circulator, scrub, pacu) response times (pages, arrived)?
by C. Wilson
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Moderator or Anyones Help? Traumatic dural tear - ICD-10 code 8 J. Rubinsky J. If you are still here, did you ever find a code?
by K. Land
Tuesday, May 15, 2018
CDM Trauma Base & Meeting Base users 0 E. Hoover Dear Colleagues,     For those of you using CDM Trauma Base: 1. Are you also using Meeting Base? 2. If not using Meeting Base are you using other software to support your PIPS documentation such as case lists for peer review meetings, minutes, tracking open loops etc?   Thanks in advance for your replies.   Eileen Hoover, RN,BSN, MSN Trauma Program Manager Santa Clara Valley Medical Center San Jose, CA  
by E. Hoover
Monday, April 30, 2018
Trauma Response Level Question 2 N. Maddox Hi Garret and thanks for any input - this is state specific with no state guidance for the 2017 discharges manual other than this is a pick list field with Full, Modified, Retro, or None to be selected. I have included the link below and the data point is referenced on page 345. I know alot of facilities are collecting this so looking for additional thoughts on what other facilities/abstractors might be doing here so that we can discuss what is best for our purposes. http://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/PROVIDERPARTNERRESOURCES/EMSTRAUMASYSTEMS/TRAUMASYSTEMS/Documents/OTR_DD_02_22_17B.pdf
by N. Maddox
Sunday, April 29, 2018
ATS CERTIFICATE 1 L. Cavaiuolo Hello!Our Membership Coordinator Claire Etheridge will be reaching out to you directly to assist you, but in the meantime, here are instructions on how to access your online certificate:Once you are signed-in, click on the Manage Profile link. Then click the Professional Development link in the center of the page (not at the top). Click the red Certifications/Programs tab then click the small certificate icon to bring up your certificate.If you have any difficulties accessing it call us 703-538-3544 and either Claire or myself will be happy to walk you through it!Kind Regards,AndreaAndrea AlderMember Relations Manager703-538-3544 x2
by A. Alder
Monday, January 8, 2018
ICD-10 3 A. Alder Anyone?
by J. Rubinsky
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Scalp contusion question 1 K. Ogden 110402 AIS-05 This is a scalp contusion. Subgaleal is ALSO coded w this. It is separated by a semi-colon, indicating that it is either/or S00.03XA ICD10 Is the scalp contusion
by J. Rubinsky
Monday, December 4, 2017
Re-admissions 1 N. Maddox Hello N. Maddox,Great question! The NTDS Data Dictionary does not provide a definition of re-admission. According to Amy Svestka the Program Manager, Data Quality with the American College of Surgeons NTDS and NTDB does not collect post discharge data. The surveillance period is only for the initial injury and re-admissions are not included unless the patient has a new injury. This means re-admissions are not sent on to NTDS or part of the NTDB however you will want to check with your State or Local registries to see if they require you to submit re-admissions. I know at my Trauma Center we do collect re-admissions within 30 days of discharge. We do include them in our trauma registry so we can monitor for PI opportunities to improve patient outcomes. If your State or Local Registries do not have re-admission definitions then you are able to create a definition that works best for your trauma center. I hope this helps!Garrett Hall, BSN, RN, CSTR
by G. Hall
Saturday, May 6, 2017
External Cause Codes Heirarchy 0 N. Maddox Hello - hoping to get an outside opinion on which would be the primary external cause code - the pt had a slip in the shower causing him to hit his head the evening before arrival and from MD documentation, this led to a subdural hemorrhage. The patient did not present to the ED at this point. The next morning the patient was driving to a doctors office for an appt and was in a minor, low speed MVC in a parking lot which EMS responded to and brought the patient to the ER. Because the main injury was not a result of the MVC, would the fall be the primary cause code and MVC be the secondary cause? I am a little unsure because the DD says the primary should be the main cause of the injury, but also says if multiple causes of injury to code MVC before fall. Any thoughts and explaination? Thanks!
by N. Maddox
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
LOC with Head Bleed 0 E. Wagner If a patient comes into the ED with a Closed Subdural 3mm and Subarachnoid, with 30 minutes of LOC in the field, do I only code the SAH w/ LOC 140694.2  and give it the ICD9 code of 852.02?  And since there is no AIS code for Subdural with LOC I would give it a code of 140651.3 with an ICD9 code of 852.20?  This scenario is only for ICD9 coding not ICD10.  Let me know what you think.
by E. Wagner
Thursday, July 14, 2016
How to calculate hospital length of stay 0 T. Miller What is the correct way to calculate hospital length of stay?  Is it by the actual hours or the calendar dates?  There was a patient that came in and went to the ER to OR then home in the facility for a total of 8 hours, but the actual d/c time was after midnight, should it be 8 hours which would be counted as 1 day or 2 days according to the calendar?  In the NTDB book I didn't see a clear definition like they have for total ICU and vent time. My confusion is partially because ED length of stay is calculated by the hours in the ER and not calendar days.  Our registry software is calculating by calendar days and I don't know if that is correct since it extends the hospital length of stay.
by T. Miller
Thursday, May 19, 2016
NTDB 0 R. Smith For 2015 charts, does the NTDB want the inclusive dates or like most hospitals they do not count the first day as part of LOS ?  The software I am using is calculating the inclusive days. Thanks!
by R. Smith
Friday, April 15, 2016
Data Submissions 1 A. Stephenson Generally speaking, hospitals are required through regulation, policy or agreement that they need to provide data. This is usually done so the overarching agency can use the statistics for higher level decision making,independently evaluating the data for any program issues, and to use the data during verification and audits. Additionally, the data are used in the aggregate across the country to establish norms, set standards and developprotocols that are evidence based.
by I. Weston
Friday, April 15, 2016
ICD_10 Coding for Head Trauma w/ LOC 0 E. Wagner My question is about LOC due to head trauma.  In ICD9 when we score a Subdural, Epidural, or Subarachnoid bleed with LOC and with a skull fracture we score the loss of consciousness to only one of those injuries.  But with ICD 10 do we score LOC for all of them?
by E. Wagner
Monday, March 14, 2016
TQIP 0 J. Nelson Hi - we are new TQIP members; on the TBI portion do we include CHI? for example on ICD 9 = 854.01 & F7 for AIS  
by J. Nelson
Wednesday, September 2, 2015
Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal