JOIN ATS   |   Print Page   |   Sign In
Moderator or Anyones Help? Traumatic dural tear - ICD-10 code
Thread Score:
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

12/4/2017 at 7:27:08 PM GMT
Moderator or Anyones Help? Traumatic dural tear - ICD-10 code

I am trying to locate an ICD-10 code for traumatic dural tear (unknown level) sustained during a snowboarding fall onto the buttocks.

Post injury, the patient had symptoms of severe positional headaches that were treated/resolved w/ an IR lumbar epidural blood patch (3E0S3GC)

I cannot find a 6-digit ICD-10 code that fits.
I did find the G97.41 code...but that is not very accurate as a traumatic injury.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited Monday, December 4, 2017
12/5/2017 at 8:26:35 PM GMT
Anyone?

12/26/2017 at 8:59:30 PM GMT
Still...no one. No moderator contribution.

12/28/2017 at 6:40:32 PM GMT
Greetings!

We regret the inconvenience but ATS is currently undergoing a staff transition. We have forwarded the question to one of our subject matter experts and hope to have an answer for you shortly. Again, we are sorry for the delay!

Kathy Robinson

12/29/2017 at 2:03:50 PM GMT
Good morning, Mr. Rubinsky,

One of our SME's responded to us privately in an email.

In regards to your question re: a code for the traumatic dural tear, the G97.41 is coding it to accidental puncture during a procedure so I agree that's not the traumatic code you're looking for.

Rather than searching by Tear or Laceration, you may have better luck searching by Injury, spinal cord, by site.

Hope that helps!!

KR

1/2/2018 at 10:26:39 PM GMT
Thank you for a reply KR. Although the reply is appreciated, as is your time, your response leaves me in the exact coding predicament I was in when I initially posted.
So, although the hope is nice, it does not help.

1/2/2018 at 10:26:45 PM GMT
Thank you for a reply KR. Although the reply is appreciated, as is your time, your response leaves me in the exact coding predicament I was in when I initially posted.
So, although the hope is nice, it does not help.

2/16/2018 at 4:14:05 PM GMT
Due to the lack of group response, moderator influence on topics of discussion and poor forum execution I am contemplating the actual service I receive for membership.
My membership is due to be renewed, and I starting to feel that my education money would be better spent elsewhere.

5/15/2018 at 8:23:59 PM GMT
J.

If you are still here, did you ever find a code?

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal