The Trauma Survivors Network (TSN) is a community of patients and families who are looking to connect with one another and rebuild their lives after a serious injury.
The ATS Trauma Survivors Network
The American Trauma Society (ATS), the leading organization advocating for the injured and their families, in partnership with hospitals around the country, is committed to growing the TSN by providing the programs and resources patients and families tell us they need to manage their recovery and improve their lives. The underlying goal in all of these programs and resources is helping trauma patients and their families connect and rebuild their lives following a serious injury.
TSN includes several independent components that may be implemented and used either alone or in any combination or order by an institutional member, including:
communications training for trauma professionals dealing with families and loved ones
- Customizable Patient and Family Trauma Information Manuals for each member trauma center
- Peer support groups
- Peer visitation programs
- Self-management classes
- Connection to trauma survivors through online forums, online stories, and other resources on the TSN website
- National leadership, program coordination, and an assortment of materials for use in implementing the TSN
- Training opportunities to assist members in promoting and implementing the service in their institutions
- Outreach to trauma survivors and their families and loved ones who do not receive care at a TSN member institution or are too far from these facilities to receive onsite services (non-affiliated survivors).