The American Trauma Society’s – Trauma Registry and Data Council (TRDC) Presents a Trauma Registrar Educational Webinar on Wednesday, July 22, 2015, 1:00PM to 2:30PM EST
ICD-10-CM External Cause Code Decision Making Webinar Series Educational webinar covering ICD-10-CM external cause codes. The lecture is Part II of the external cause code series presented by Holly Hedegaard, MD, MSPH, an injury epidemiologist and the manager of the Injury Statistics Program in the Office of Analysis and Epidemiology at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS).
Part II: ICD-10-CM External Cause Code Decision Making
Upon completion of the ICD-10-CM External Cause Code Decision Making Webinar, the learner will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental elements required to identify the correct injury external cause codes
- Achieve familiarity with ICD-10-CM decision tree process for coding external cause codes
- Achieve familiarity with the CDC external cause code matrix
Prerequisite recommendation for attendees who plan to attend this course:
1. ATS Registry Educational Webinar – Part 1: ICD-9-CM External Cause Code Decision Making
2. ATS Registry Educational Webinar - Introduction to ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS for the Trauma Registrar
If you missed the prerequisite courses they can be viewed on the ATS Member website under the recently archived webinars.
Cost: FREE for Members / $25 for Non-Members