ATS Trauma Program Manager Course
The Trauma Program Manager Course, designed by expert Trauma Program Managers throughout the country, is a two-day, interactive course providing Trauma Program Managers, members of the trauma program, and those interested in joining the field with the core concepts of building a comprehensive trauma program.
This course is recognized throughout the trauma community as the premier course for learning the role and importance of the Trauma Program Manager as well as the role of other essential members of a trauma program. Each course is taught by seasoned Trauma Program Managers who bring years of experience and expertise to the program’s success.
The course covers key concepts of a trauma program, including:
- Essential components of a trauma system
- Leadership roles critical to the success of a Trauma Program
- Key components of the Trauma Program Manager role
- Important elements of a successful Performance Improvement Patient Safety Program
- Planning and preparation for trauma center verification/designation
- Best practice recommendations for trauma outreach and education
- Implementing a dynamic trauma registry
- Important elements of the trauma budget
- Design process, tools, and data that will influence optimal reporting in accordance with accepted standards within the industry
- Key psychological and socio-economic challenges common in trauma patients
The comprehensive course agenda covers the following:
- Evolution of the Trauma System
- Trauma Program Manager Roles & Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning & Marketing
- Trauma Registry
- Inter-facility transfer
- Program Challenges (with Breakout Sessions)
- Going Beyond Resuscitation
- Development of Performance Improvement Patient Safety Program
- FOCUS PDCA (with Breakout Sessions)
- Trauma Finance
- Injury Prevention
- Elements of a Successful Program (Putting it all together)
- Tools for Success (with Panel Discussion)
Course Locations - 2016
June 4th & 5th - New York, NY
August 6th & 7th - Salt Lake City, UT - Registration Now Open!
Make sure to check the ATS calendar for additional details.